Do you need a short term or temporary residency in a supportive environment, and in a central location (for the hospitals and medical professionals that are nearby)? Chalmers Lodge may be a good fit for you. Fees include all the same features and services as permanent residents. Daily rates apply.
Is Temporary Residency for You?
There may be times where you need temporary, but not permanent, support and assistance. Chalmers Lodge provides the perfect solution for those times.
Hospital Discharge for Seniors
Do you need to recuperate and regain your strength and abilities before returning home? With meals and housekeeping done for you, you can focus entirely on healing.
Respite Care for Seniors
When your primary caregivers are away or need to recharge, you can enjoy your time – and recharge yourself – at Chalmers Lodge.
Out-of-towners stay at Chalmers while receiving ongoing treatment at one of several nearby hospitals.
Subsidized Assisted Living Pending
Live in the supportive environment of Chalmers Lodge while you wait for a subsidized assisted living placement.
Stay at Chalmers Lodge for a few weeks to see if an assisted living lifestyle is for you.
Terms and Conditions
- Temporary residency is from 3 to 30 nights stay. If the stay is longer than 30 nights, charges are switched to monthly rate.
- Minimum stay – 3 nights
- Minimum age – 55 years
- Must complete application process
- Chalmers Lodge reserves the right to refuse residency if applicant does not meet Chalmers Lodge criteria for residency.
Steps to Apply for Temporary Residency
1. Complete Application Form – Temporary Residency
2. Have your physician complete the Health & Social Indicators Form
3. Meet with our Director of Care
After we’ve received your Application Form and Health and Social Indicators Form, we will contact you to set-up a meeting with our Director of Care.
4. Receive confirmation of Acceptance
Following review of documents and interview, the Director of Care confirms approval for temporary residency.
5. Pay Admission Processing Fee
$150 Paid by applicant upon approval for temporary residency.