The BC Ministry of Health announced on March 25, 2021 that changes to social visitation policies in long-term care and senior’s assisted living will be made to ease restrictions starting April 1.
Starting April 1, 2021, the following changes will be in place:
• All visits must be booked in advance through the visitation number (604-787-7944) or email (email@example.com).
• Visitors will be screened for signs and symptoms of COVID19 before entering the property.
• Residents and visitors must practice proper hand hygiene and respiratory etiquette.
• Visitors must wear a surgical mask when visiting.
• Gazebo visits will be booked as usual, and visits will be between the hours of 10am and 6pm.
• In room visits will be booked during normal hours of operation and visits will be between the hours of 10am – 4pm.
• Residents may go on outings with family/friends at their convenience, residents must sign out when leaving the premises.
• A maximum of two adults and one child may visit at any one time. There is no limit to how many friends and family can visit in a week.
• There will be no requirement for isolation after outings including overnight stays off the premises.
• Visits can be 60 minutes or longer.
• Visitors will be asked only to visit with one resident at a time, and to only visit in the resident’s room.
• Visitors will be asked to follow the public health orders for physical distancing and infection control when interacting with other residents.
• Physical contact—including hugging—will be allowed, provided visitors wear a mask and follow proper prevention, infection control procedures (i.e. hand washing and cough etiquette).
Other changes at Chalmers Lodge:
• Elevators will allow for 3 people to ride at the same time.
• Dining services – there will be no need to physical distance.
• Visitors may have a guest meal during a visit in room or outdoors (usual charges apply).
• There will be no requirement for 14 days isolation on admission; return from hospital and return from an overnight visit.
• Residents are not required to wear a mask or physically distance from other residents while in the Lodge, however Chalmers Lodge will have masks available if a resident wishes to wear a mask.
• We are discontinuing the current free Shoppers Drug Mart shopping service. Shopping services will be provided every Thursday for a nominal fee.
• All visits will be suspended when there is an active outbreak in the facility.